Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentines Day Fun

Instead of going for a fabulously romantic Valentine's Day for Ryan and I we decided it would be better to shoot for something that might actually happen and would be fun for all of us so...we decided to celebrate Valentine's Day by throwing a little Cupcake Party! Bailey and her friends Taylor and Hanna were coming and Collin invited his very best friend, Ryan, to come over and play on Friday afternoon.
To get ready I made a couple batches of cupcakes, both regular and the minis, got a variety of frostings, jimmies, sprinkles, and colorful candies in red, pink, and white and we were ready to go. I found that by using sundae bowls and glass prep bowls I could create a simple but pretty table-scape.

Although the two little boys were busy playing "Nerf War" in the backyard, the girls were completely dedicated to their cupcake challenge! Once the cupcakes were decked out in their sugary finest we ordered heart shaped pizzas and the girls rounded out their party by playing Rock Band, creating the "CrazyGirls" and rocking their little hearts out. As the evening drew to a close the kids took home their cupcake masterpieces and my kiddos went to bed very tired but very happy!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for blogs! I'm glad you started one. Now I can see what you are up to more often. if you didn't remember my blog address it's mnskellyfam.blogspot.com. Hope you guys are doing well. Great idea for Valentine's Day!!!

    ReplyDelete