Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Why Keep Swimming?

So why is "Just Keep Swimming" so important? I guess you could say it's a mantra of mine, inspired by none other than the lovable "Dory" from Disney's Finding Nemo. It all began when I started working out on the elliptical machine after a LONG break from real exercise. You know when you hit the point where your lungs are burning, your legs have the strength of Jello, and you're convinced you won't last a minute more that's when my little phrase came to me. I now use it on a daily basis...Just Keep Swimming! In fact if you happen to be at my house when I hit that point you're likely to hear me singing in a very out of breath voice "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, what do we do, we swim, swim, ah ha ha ha ha haaa I love to SWIM!" And something about that little phrase keeps me going.
So after using it on the elliptical I managed to find moments in every day where "just keep swimming" seemed to do the trick. Watching what I'm eating and heading through the grocery with temptations on every aisle...Just Keep Swimming. Difficult day dealing with kids...Just Keep Swimming. Laundry piled to the ceiling... Just Keep Swimming. I found that it was an inspiration to me, a forgetful little blue fish gave me a catch phrase to inspire me to keep my head up when things aren't easy, and to simply move forward until I was beyond the challenge at hand.
All that's left to say is "Thanks, Dory", I wouldn't be the same girl without you!

1 comment:

  1. That was very cute! I love it and may just start using it!

    ReplyDelete